Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Reason For Gifts!

I am sure that everyone of us here love to recieve gifts. When we were young, birthday presents was the only thing that we were longing for. And when we reached the teenager stage, we hope to get something during the valentines day! As we grow older and older, there are lots of reasons for a gift. Well, let me list it out:
1) Birthday present                                                         
2) Valentines present
3)Mother's day present (If you are a mother)
4)Wedding anniversary present (If you are married)
5)Dating anniversary ( Don't worry, even though you are not married, you still get your gift. For married lady, this is bonus!)
6)Christmas/ new year present
7) Chinese New Year present ( Yeah, if you are a chinese, you may request a present on the chinese people big day or maybe an angpow!)
8) Surprise present ( Ladies can always request to receive surprises from boyfriend or husband, just to make ourselves happy :) at least once a year )

So there you go, so many reasons for a gift. But maybe you will change your mind once you get married. I am thinking, if I continue to request 7 gifts a year, my husband might be bankrupt soon. Let's say for an average gift is about RM2k and that will be RM14k! We can do so much with this RM14K. And this RM14k is not including those trips when we go somewhere for a holidays. Hotel, food and shopping that could cost an average of RM5k at least, and of course depends where we go~ As for our Japan trip next month, the tour cost us about RM15k not including our extention stay in Tokyo.

And now, since I am no longer working, hubbie will be the only bread winner. I feel guilty to buy anything or request something which is not necessary but ladies like to shop!!! This is like a permanent illness with no treatments that can help. I wish I can back to the working society so that at least, I can afford something I like :) The bad thing is, I cant even afford to buy a present to my hubbie's coming birthday. I have money, but those cash are given by my husband. If I use that to buy a present for him, isn't that like he bought himself a present which chosen by me? I think I cook a lovely meal for him will be the best! My dillema solved.

No comments: