Sunday, July 4, 2010

SPAM Musubi For Snack

This will be my first entry about food and will share more in future. Recently we are in love with SPAM! I was surprised when I can easily find pork luncheon meat in the supermarket that I always go. So I made SPAM crossaint for hubby as lunch (a few times)...and he is still loving it and request if he can have it everyday! Of course, I will not make it everyday for him as I hope he can consume more healthy food.

So last night I found something interesting, "SPAM Musubi". I got to know that SPAM Musubi is a tradition Japanese onigiri in Hawaii. It is a very popular snack which compose of a block of rice, a slice of grilled SPAM and seaweed. The sauce you can make it on your own choice that most of the time will be teriyaki sauce. Some people prefer to have it naked without the sauce as the slice of SPAM is salty enough to bring the flavour.

And I have my version of SPAM Musubi too...
I added eggs and cucumber to the combination so that it can minimise the saltiness of the SPAM. And hubbie's favourite sauce will be thousand island, mayo and chili sauce.
The way I folded was not that perfect, and maybe you can do better :)

And last night, we had 3 Musubi each as dinner while watching "Xing Guang Da Dao", is a famous singing competition in Taiwan. A very lazy weekend indeed and hope you guys will try it out. It is really easy to prepare and perfect for breakfast or snack :)

No comments: