Thursday, July 8, 2010

United Arab Emirates- Dubai

Once hubbie started his new job in contractual basis, the first country we stayed was Dubai. It happened in Dec 2008 before our wedding in March 2009. Highways in Dubai are really great and I remembered I always feeling nausea in the car because the driver seat was on the left and the directions seems descending to me. Anyway, I got better after a few weeks and started to adapt my life there.

Many of my friends and relatives asked if I need to wear like ninja when I was in Dubai? This question reminded me that I was asked by my Uni friends, do I stay above the trees and wears only leaves to cover the private parts? My friends were excited to know that I came from Sabah so they asked all sorts of questions that they had long hidden in their mind. We all know that before Air Asia comes to our life, air tickets were expensive so rarely people will visit Sabah and see with their own eyes. Sabahan got to thank to Air Asia as there are no such questions being asked anymore and people started to love vacation in Sabah as well :) Back to Dubai, well, we dont have to wear like Arabian, there is no such rules that we have to wear like them even you are muslim. I can say that Dubai is an open minded country, that you can wear less as you want ;)

My two favourite malls in Dubai are Mall of Emirates and Dubai Mall. You can shop whatever you want from grocerries to branded stuff like Tods, LV etc under the same roof. There is an interesting aquarium discovery in Dubai mall that worth a visit. Basically, there are lots of entertainments and good restaurants which can make you forget about "Homesick".

One of the famous attraction in Dubai is Desert Safari. We were on a jeep for an exciting dune drive to the first destination a camel farm. The drive continued across the desert and we stopped to watch the beautiful sunset before reaching our campsite where we did camel ride and tried out a henna design on hand. After that, we enjoyed a delicious barbecue dinner and watched belly dancer performing her show around the campfire by starlight. It was such a nice experience!
Getting ready for dune ride.
Across the "soft sand" desert.
Pit stop for pictures.
Look at the sands!
Camels everywhere~
Lovely sunset.
Camel ride was really fun.
Henna-Hand painting.
Campsite.
BBQ chicken.
The night ended with a performance by the belly dancer.

Here there are, 2 remarkable experiences that I had in Dubai, Desert Safari and dinner at Al-Mahara, Burj Al Arab ( Last Christmas). I will definitely miss Dubai.

No comments: